Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remap Keyboard to USB PS2 Controller

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

I have tried XPadder and JoyToKey with success remapping the controller buttons (more with xpadder) but when KB key(s) is/are assigned; game will not recognize the config and reverts to defaults (in game).

Does anyone know any software that will force key assignments? Or am I just in a trial and error situation?

ASUS lappy with:

Windows 7 x64

i7

GeForce 840M

8GB

Game: Resident Evil Revelations 2

PlayStation 2 Controller w/USB Adapter (plug-and-play functions well... just need to swap some options only available on KB).

Personally I will only use a KB/M for gaming: Wife likes da controller.... :inlove:

Thanks,

JT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Most "shortcuts" for games are made in game. 

your windows shortcuts won't be the same as shortcuts in game, you'd have to change them in game. 

Edited by Viper_Security, 12 October 2016 - 06:45 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

Sometimes games will "take over" the controllers. Euro Truck Simulator does that to me with the analog controls on my XInput devices. You say you have a PS2 adapter to USB, so it must be DirectInput.

Is Xpadder and JoytoKey installed at the same time? They can conflict. I recommend uninstalling Xpadder first and then trying it with JoyToKey. I'll look at my JTK tonight to see if there are any relevent settings/features to this issue.

#4 bludgard

bludgard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

OK. Will look "in-game" for options again... although I have looked until my heads spins; I may have missed something.

It is direct-input (pic included): No drivers loaded as far as I know.

1_zpsrzepqvox.jpg

Tried JoyToKey by itself before installing xpadder with little-to-no joy ( :) ).

Will try a few more configs with other params and see how it goes.

Would one suggest just getting a XBox (or PC) gaming pad? If so which is the most configurable.

I could google it til i wear out the keyboard but I figure someone here may have suggestions from experience (i trust this forum).

Would just hate to have a pile of controllers (bought or otherwise acquired) laying around to no good end....

Thanks

#5 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

You can do the Xbox controller for PC, or Logitech's PC controller. You can also use an adapter by Mayflash for a PS3 controller on PC, it supports DirectInput and XInput emulation.

I haven't checked JTK yet, was busy. I'll check it tonight.

#6 bludgard

bludgard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for the input. It will be a couple days before I get back around to this but will update if I find anything for sure.

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

I opened my copy of JoyToKey last night. Did not find any setting that would directly relate to your issue. However, this issue could require some testing and playing with settings. Post when you are ready and I'll make some test cases for you.

#8 bludgard

bludgard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

Never found anything that actually works... she can either use the KB/Mouse or deal with the config until I can find software that does work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users