Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this malware? geo-um.btril.com certificate problem on amazon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 minimalmay

minimalmay

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

Not sure if this is malware or not, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction:

I get a warning from kaspersky av (latest version) when visiting some sites, for example amazon.co.uk. The message is about geo-um.btril.com and I get it in both chrome and safari.

A possibly unrelated issue is that I sometimes see my web browser access seems to stall when I come back to my mac in the evening after leaving it on all day. Quitting kaspersky and starting it back up seems to 'fix' this hiccup.

Attached are two examples of the warning message (seen on different days):

Screenshot%20of%20Preview%20%2805-10-201

Screenshot%20of%20Google%20Chrome%20%280

Screenshot%20of%20Safari%20%2809-10-2016

I'm on sierra 10.12

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

See if this thread helps you are all:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624560/btrllcom-malware/

#3 minimalmay

minimalmay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Thanks I'll follow that thread and see what they come up with. I guess it appears to be benign.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

I guess it appears to be benign.

Relatively speaking, that appears to be the case. Of course, some people freak out over being tracked by advertisers, so for them it might not seem benign. From what I have found, I personally would likely not stress too much over it.

#5 minimalmay

minimalmay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

I guess it appears to be benign.

Relatively speaking, that appears to be the case. Of course, some people freak out over being tracked by advertisers, so for them it might not seem benign. From what I have found, I personally would likely not stress too much over it.

Let's hope so! Interesting that I don't get the same error on my other mac, which has the same browsers and same version of kaspersky. Don't suppose that's a clue by any chance is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users