Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a solution, an all in one?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

I would like to know if there is anything on the market that can remove any and all infections?

I would pay good money for an all in one solution that could handle day zero's, adware, malware, spyware, trojans, viruses, worms, ransomware, and etc...

Are we forever doomed to have multiple security systems?

Why can't we combine the definitions of adware cleaner, superantispyware, malwarebytes, hitman, roguekiller....etc!

It's so tedious cleaning an infected computer. Even if you remove the drive and place it in a dock, externally. Some infections only live in RAM it seems and even safemode scans cant get them because they are file-less.

I Love Lamp!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

Their no magic cure all for this kind of stuff.

their no magic wizard company that will clean everything and fix everything in one shot.

If their was one, then this and other tech site/forums wouldn't exist and people in the IT industry would be pretty much be out of business for most of them that deals with this from day to day.

One part of the problem can be trace back to human ignorance or human error such. Other people find vulnerabilities within these errors that were overlooked and use them against others.

It how to world works in some ways.

it why their multiple AV programs and developers, multiple malware programs and developers, etc.Their no "king" out their that rules all.

It one big cash flow process. Someone out their making money, whether it the crime fighters or the criminals off of the innocent. It a giant industry.

You might be wanting to pay good money, so would I and many others to make these kind of nightmares go away and not worry about them from day to day but in the end, it will never be real since people out their can make money from the chaos it causes.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

If their was one, then this and other tech site/forums wouldn't exist and people in the IT industry would be pretty much be out of business for most of them that deals with this from day to day.

IT would still exists without the complexity of virus removal. There is a lot more to computer support than malware. I mean, somebody has to ask if you tried turning it off and on again.

#4 pistol22cal

pistol22cal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

IT would still exists without the complexity of virus removal. There is a lot more to computer support than malware. I mean, somebody has to ask if you tried turning it off and on again.

Amen!!!! Truth is spoken today!

I Love Lamp!

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

Malware removal is forever an arms race between malware authors and security researchers. So nothing will be able to prevent everything in the long run.

Many tools exist since people have different ideas on how to make things work - that is why we have many antivirus software in the first place just to prevent malware.

Some infections only live in RAM it seems and even safemode scans cant get them because they are file-less.

To be frank there is no such thing as a RAM-only infections. RAM loses all of its information when you reboot or shutdown, so there is no malware that only run from RAM. Malware is always on the hard drive or some other storage media since they need a place to store their information - the question is where (after all a hard drive is a big place to hide information).

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif