Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

80's Snoopy Red Baron Math Game- Wanted

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blnd_E

Blnd_E

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

Does anyone know where to find the Snoopy Red Baron Math Game form the 80's?

My dad had us equipped with a Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic-20 as we were growing up & I remember playing that math game.

Do they still have it around?

A rewrite maybe?

Conversion?

Any suggestions on other math games?

Those systems were relics by the time I even played the game. 

Oh, how I miss Frogger!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

Your best option is probably eBay, and they won't be cheap if this is any example: Vintage-1984-Snoopy-Math-amp-Game-Watch-Alarm-Clock-Calculator-Canon-M-10-RARE-HTF

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Blnd_E

Blnd_E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

Animal:

Nope. That's not it. I searched & that's one of the things I found. What I'm talking about isn't a stand alone, hand held device.  It is an actual computer game for PC. One of the first, I guess. I know it's far fetched to try & find it but thought I would throw it out there. Thank you.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

According to the Wikipedia list of Commodore 64 games there is only one Snoopy game listed and it's not including Red Baron. So I have no clue if the Snoopy game is math based.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Commodore_64_games

As for the Snoopy Game, I found a ROM of it.

http://www.doperoms.com/roms/commodore_64/Snoopy.Radarsoft.zip.html/589565/Snoopy.Radarsoft.html

Maybe you can find other math based games there?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Blnd_E

Blnd_E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Bummer. None of those are it. I have found some people talking about it but no leads to anything else. I can't believe it's not listed on Wikipedia.

I appreciate your help.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the BleepingComputer community. Sorry we weren't more successful. Hope you're able to track down what you're looking for.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 potokat

potokat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Holy cats! 

So let's see if we're talking about the same game:

-It featured Snoopy in his flying outfit on top of his dog house. 

-You were given various problems that you had to solve in a certain amount of time, otherwise you ended up with a hole blasted in the dog house - if you were blasted too often, you crashed. 

-This game taught me how to use a number line as well as how to solve problems featuring negative numbers (which was awesome because I think I was maybe 7 or 8 when I played it). 

Sound about right? :) 

#8 potokat

potokat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

Ooh! This one!

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=6979&d=18&h=0

#9 Blnd_E

Blnd_E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

Wow! That's it! Holy cow. I don't remember it being so basic but that is it. It was awesome!

Thanks Potokat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users