Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked out of my computer with TriLock defender

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bic44

Bic44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:54 AM

So, not sure if this is the right spot to post this or not....but here is what's happening. I purchased a computer from EasyHome last year (purchased outright, not leased). After the latest Windows 10 update, trilock defender started giving warnings. I contacted easyhome (I used to work for them), and he told me the only way to get rid of this is to go back to Windows 8, uninstall the program, which is a process in itself, then upgrade back to 10.
He said he could do it, but here's the thing - having worked for them for 2 years, I don't trust them. They've lost a lot of personal info for a lot of people. I trust this specific guy, but he's not the one who will be working on it. Anyway, it's completely locked up now....and I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure I could stick Linux on a thumb drive and use that from the BIOS, but I bought it for my wife, and there's no way she'll go for it. Does anyone have any ideas? Again, I purchased this, have the receipts and it is definitely mine. Any help is appreciated

Edited by hamluis, 12 October 2016 - 07:59 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users