Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Notifications in Windows 10 for Outlook 2016

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rnallamilli

rnallamilli

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Hello Team,

Outlook 2016 Mail app didn't even exist in the list of apps in Settings – System – Notifications & Actions. So, even though Outlook 2016  had configured correctly, the Windows 10 notification system still had no idea that a Mail app existed. Because of this reason, i am not getting any email notifications (desktop Alerts).

In one of the forum i found out that 'The Mail app hadn't registered correctly with Windows 10 when it installed, or the registry key had become corrupted.'

Please help me fixing this issue.

Thanks,

Raman Nallamilli

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Outlook Express is not the email client used in Windows 10.  PC Magazine has good article explaining the email client used in Windows 10.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

I am not using Outlook Express but using Office 365 with MS Office 2016. i cross checked in my other office Laptop where Windows 10 is configured with office 356 installed and they are getting the Desktop notifications. I cross checked the setting but did not find any specific except that i can see outlook as an app in 'Notifications & Actions'.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Ah!  That's the missing information.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

Friends.. Any solution for this issue?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:40 AM

Install Office updates - Office Support

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:26 AM

I have the same issue only time i get notification for Microsoft Outlook 2016 when its running it was working for previous version of Microsoft Outlook but not for Outlook 2016.

Posted Image

#8 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:29 AM

Updated to the latest update in Office 365 but still not receiving the Notifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users