Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 k988

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

Hey I'm just learning Actionscript 3 (yeah, the old version) and would like to practice writing code/have some practical experience while I follow along with the tutorials.  I have the software but won't spend money on a new computer to install it because it's just too damn expensive. Anyway, I was wondering if there exists out there a 'sandbox' type software where I can just mess around with the code to learn it that way.  If such a thing exists, or if you could just point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Depending on your hardware you can run a Virtual machine with linux or the OS of your choice, so that way you don't have to spend money on a new computer. you can just use one inside of yours. 

Do not quote me on this but i believe windows 7 does not need a product key if running inside a VM.

if you're just looking for a program to write the code in for python i use IDLE, and bluefish. those may work for you. (more likely the latter than the former)

Edited by Viper_Security, 11 October 2016 - 04:34 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users