Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windowsxp Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lissuz

lissuz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

[font=Arial]Hi! I'm new to bleepingcomputer so please bear with me. My computer guy put HIS copy of windowsXP Pro over my original version of Win98 2nd edition. Now, with all the bombardments coming from microsoft about NOT having a legitimate copy, I've learned that I need to reinstall a NEW copy. I bought a new copy of windowsXP Pro but am unclear on how to install. I've been told conflicting things: first, I was told that I could simply install the NEW CD directly over the old, non-legit program. Then , I heard that if you dont have a legit copy of windowsXP Pro already on your computer, you cannot do the "over installation"! Also, I do have some glitches that came up with my current bogus copy that I would like to get rid of completely. I've check up on how to re-format my hard drive and start completely over but it is simply too much for my little brain...I know very little about computers, unfortunately.

Hopefully somone can help me with this! I sure hope so.

Thank you for your time and consideration!!!

Lisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

I like this install guide because it has graphics. You can enlarge the pics to see what the screens should look like as you step through the process. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users