Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

timing out here

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

I'm timing out here. Even as I type a message such as this. By the time I finish, I'm kicked out with some sort of a message about my security key whatever that is. I think I made it this time :)

Edit:  At first I thought it was because I spent a lot of time reading tutorials and threads. But when I timed out here, then it was not because of inactivity.

Edited by tos226, 10 October 2016 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

+1.

Check the Test / Scribbles area, I made a couple of attempted posts there last week while I was logging in from work and kept getting kicked out.

Hmmm.

Winterland

Here is the message I was getting.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

+1

Mainly with my friends laptop on the weekend. I posted to Windows7 and Louis moved it to Am I Infected a couple of days ago.

We also got "Invalid Site" warnings, but I saved and transferred details of M.T.Box and other data via my desktop unit.

I will check with http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627995/test-from-lab/#entry4093619 information from Grinler

Still the same. Thanks for the idea Boss.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

I signed in. It timed out in under 3 minutes of reading few posts. I'm not signed in any more, and have to sign back in to post this.
Windows10, SeaMonkey+NoScript. I permit bleepingcomputer.com. Cookies not blocked.
Do I have to permit googletagmanager, googlesyndication, firstimpression.io, ziffstatic, nsstatic?
Never had to do that previously, but I just wonder if scripts are a cause of being unsigned.

#5 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

I don't clean cookies. I still can't stay logged in. Even as I was answering a post.

Edited by tos226, 25 October 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

I have found that you have to have the "remember me on this computer" checked to keep from getting automatically logged out in short order.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

OB - thank you. I bet it'll work. I thought of that too and said to myself "Not possible, unrelated setting". Ha!

But it is against my policy for any site to remember me.

When did Grinler start that sort of thing?

#8 SynchronicityII

SynchronicityII

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

I am unable to post in the  Windows crashes/BSOD forum, just hangs and then goes to error 524 page.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

@toss226,

Grinler's not responsible.  He was as surprised as I was.  Some sort of forum software glitch I think.  Note: If you clear cookies ere you close the browser, the site won't "remember" you.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users