Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cell standby draining my tablet's battery?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vindiction

vindiction

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:01 PM

Hi, I have a tablet (ECS TA70CA2) running android 4.2.2. It doesn't have any cell service or anything and is wifi only but the battery meter in settings is saying that cell standby is draining 42% of my battery. I've looked around and from what I've found, I should turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi. However, I can't find airplane mode in my device's settings (I'm pretty sure it's just not there). Does anyone know what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

"Airplane mode" turns off cell(phone) service. So, if your tablet does not have the capability to connect to a cell tower, there is no need for a setting to enable/disable "Airplane mode". Make sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users