Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipad not working properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

Pretty much explains all: ,

Could it be a defective charging center?, this happened after taking the iPad to replace the charging center

Don't even think about it if your not sure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Have you tried restoring the iPad (i.e. connect iPad to computer running iTunes and then click the "Restore iPad..." button)? Make sure you have backed up the iPad to either iCloud or iTunes. This will set the iPad back to nominally factory condition (albeit with the most current version of iOS installed) and then allow you to restore from the backup. If the problem is with iOS somehow being corrupted, then in theory this would fix it.

While I admit the above has a chance to maybe help, I really suspect that it is more likely a hardware issue. Doing the above will rule out any possibility that it is iOS related. I assume, however, that at a minimum it seems to be a problem with the Home button (i.e. hardware).

I assume just a quick press of the "power" button will not wake the iPad. That seems to be the implication, but you do not come right out and say it directly, so I wanted to make sure. That is about the only reason why I think it could still be software (i.e. iOS) related since the "power" button does appear to work if you hold it down. Of course, it is also possible that it is still a hardware issue with the "power" button in that holding it down eventually creates the needed "contact" of the switch.

#3 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

​1-Yes I've tried to restore it, no luck

2-Did I mention 2 months ago I took it to a repair shop to get the charging station on the ipad replaced after I left the iPad 1 month without using it and did not charge?, this is when problems started

3-Also I don't think bout that theory since the home button doesn't wake the pad

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

​1-Yes I've tried to restore it, no luck
2-Did I mention 2 months ago I took it to a repair shop to get the charging station on the ipad replaced after I left the iPad 1 month without using it and did not charge?, this is when problems started
3-Also I don't think bout that theory since the home button doesn't wake the pad

It is possible that when they replaced what you call the "charging station", they did something that damaged the home button and maybe partially damaged the power button. Did they offer any sort of warranty with their repair? In other words, I would contemplate taking it back to them and telling them it seems like they screwed something up and ask that they fix it free of charge since they seemingly screwed it up. In the end, I am about 98% sure it is something hardware related. So, unless you can live with it as it is now, you are likely looking at trying to get it repaired, hopefully for not additional charge from the people you previously worked with...but if you have to pay for it, then I would likely use someone else, specifically someone who supposedly offers a warranty for their repair this time.

#5 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

Well, exactly this, sorry for Spanish...   http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-554393777-centro-de-carga-ipad-mini-original-nuevo-con-herramientas-_JM

Obviously to repair it, the iPad needs to be opened and yes I did ask for warranty but they denied it saying it wasn't them, also after 10 minutes of using the pad seems to get these Ghost touches right below the corner, its always there clicking randomly unless I apply pressure over that area, if I stop and its not tilted the problem stops unless I tilt the pad it starts again

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

As I said, the most likely issue is a hardware issue. And that hardware issue certainly could have been caused when they opened it up to repair/replace the charing connector. During that process, they could have knocked a connection or two loose or even damaged something inside. After all, the Home button (which you are definitely having and issue with) is pretty much right on top of the spot where the charging port is located.

So, assuming it is a hardware issue, you have 6 basic options: 1) try to get them to fix what they potentially broke, whether they do it for free or you have to pay them; 2) take it to some other repair shop or even an Apple Store, which will likely mean you paying to have it fixed; 3) try to repair it yourself, but this might be tough as you would first need to diagnose what specifically needs to be fixed (could start by opening it up to see if there are any loose connections); 4) live with it as it is; 5) trash it and live without; or 6) trash it and buy a new iPad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users