Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Microsoft Products seemingly breaking each other

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ktanaqui

Ktanaqui

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

cc9133d46d.png

Full Speccy Report attached below --

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have (all legitimate): 

• Office 365 ProPlus (full suite installed)
  • Visual Studio 2015
  • SQL Server 2014 Management Studio
  • Visio

My issue:

• Microsoft products seem to be "forgetting" what files belong to them randomly (without me changing anything), forcing me to have to continuously re-associate file types to X program
  • Random, intermittent errors (possibly due to Macros being blocked at my school/work?, no screenshots to prove)
  • Files dropping their "icons" associating them with X program, presumably due to program "forgetting" the association? Not re-appearing after re-association, though.

And a note:

I only started seeing these issues once I had Visual Studio, Visio, and SQL Server installed. I, unfortunately, installed all three at the same time. Re-installing Office 365 seems to temporarily remedy the issue, but it breaks again. Most common with my Excel and Access files. 

EDIT: Speccy file seems to be refusing to upload to this. Here is the file: [snip]

Edit2: Ooon second thought, I'll provide the Speccy file on request. Noticed that it picked up the Network data too.

Edited by Ktanaqui, 10 October 2016 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

To post a Speccy file all you need to do is copy / paste the URL it genrates, see below -

speccy-log-image-1.jpg

speccy-log-image-2.jpg

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users