Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zemana AntiMalware Trojan?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eelectronn

eelectronn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

My HitmanPro 3.7.14 detected ZAM.exe to be a trojan, is this true or is it a false positive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Also seen elsewhere. A false positive.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/zemana-antimalware-2-beta.372569/page-90#post-2623378

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

You can report issues, ask questions and make suggestions in this official HitmanPro support topic where the developer provides assistance.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:06 AM

For Zemana, links are provided in B.C. Download area, but personally I would think a False Positive if Zemana and Hitman Pro are being used together.

Legit program Bleeping Computer Download or Zemana Download Uninstall Zemana and rescan.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

erikloman (HMP Developer) posted that he whitelisted the FP.

#6 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 764 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hi all!

FWIW, I have HitmanPro.Alert 3.5.3 build 562 and just tried ZAM, which work perfectly together (did not try the real-time protection though, since I used it as an on demand scanner only). :whistle:

Thank you!

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

HitmanPro.Alert is a security tool that checks browser integrity and alerts users when malware has intruded the browser. HitmanPro.Alert runs as a service and warns if the browser has been compromised and is unsafe to use for online banking or shopping. The alert will not block the malware itself from installing since HMP.Alert by itself is not designed to be an anti-virus or anti-malware tool.

#8 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 764 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

Hi, quietman7!

Thank you for the heads-up on HMP.A, however I know that it is an anti-exploit and anti-ransomware tool. :thumbup2:

Furthermore, what I indicated by the phrase "work perfectly together", is that a couple of weeks ago I tried to install ZAM, but its installation program throwed the following error message: "We've encountered a problem and need to quit the installation. Do you want to send an error report?" But now as HMP.A has whitelisted the FP, the installation went smoothly, even though HMP.A at that time silently blocked ZAM unlike HMP now did for the OP.

Thank you!

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

No problem. I figured you knew but clarified for others reading this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users