Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My windows 10's memory is leaking.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xcdgm

xcdgm

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

my memory is leaking I have windows 10, 16 gb ram

https://snag.gy/3RLBc7.jpg try to see this.. it consumes about 30-50 percent of my ram but when I computed it it only cosumes about 10-15 percent. I have the same problem last moth but fixed it because of gigabytekiller Lan driver. Help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xcdgm

xcdgm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

UP

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Your first post in this topic is timed at 1524 and your 'bump' at 1556 my time. I make that 32 minutes.

Just for your consideration, this is an intenational forum which means we have members all round the world. It can take 24 hours before everybody has had a chance to see your topic. Further, everybody responding in BC is a volunteer, nobody has to respond.

It is reasonable to bump a topic after some time has passed, but 'some time' should be at least 48 hours.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

There was just an article out that with one of MS's latest Win10 builds, slightly more more memory usage would occur as MS shuffles around a few services/processes, but, I'm not sure that is implemented yet. How are you personally defining "memory leaking", and to what specifically in the screen cap are you wishing to draw attention to? (Most define leak as memory used once an application launches, but, seemingly lost to the OS once application terminated, getting worse for subsequent launches; do you have abnormal behavior with a particular program?)

It can be very difficult to think you are going to analyze much less 'fix' Windows' memory management if you've decided you'd like to only see 'x' percentage used with 'y' applications used, as every application installed, regardless of whether or not it is currently running, typically installs a few services that also use a small amount of memory 'just in case' the program is run later.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users