Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rangdris

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:12 AM

Hello. I have a very odd problem. Whenever I try to use voice communications (It doesn't matter if it's ingame voice comms, or a 3rd party such as TS or discord) and play a game (any game.), the sound quality becomes unbearable when someone ISN'T talking.

The audio "stutters" and chops to the point where the game becomes unplayable. If someone talks, the sound goes back to normal for about 5 seconds after they quit talking. This also happens occasionally when a video is playing in the background of the game. However it's not a guarantee to occur in this case. (I should note; the game audio is fine UNTIL they start talking. Once they quit talking, it's about 5 seconds before the audio becomes choppy. The FPS and visual quality of the game aren't effected at all. This is purely audio.)

This started happening once I "upgraded" to a wireless headset. I use a Logitech G930 gaming headset. I've had this problem before I got the free "upgrade" to windows 10. My PC was win 8.1 when purchased.

A friend of mine who is pretty savvy with computers tried to help me fix this. He teamviewed me and could also hear the problem, which leads me to believe it's not my headset, but my PC. If he was unable to hear the choppy audio, that would mean it's localized to my headset. He then suggested that it may be my audio drivers. I currently have 3 things listed under my "sound, video and game controllers" under the devices manager.

AMD High Definition Audio Device, Logitech G930 Gaming Headset and, VIA HD Audio(Win 10)

He suggested I use Realtek audio drivers. This also proved a problem. I have tried SEVERAL times to install Realtek, but it doesn't get installed on my PC once it prompts me to restart my system to finalize the installation. I have never experienced this before with any installation in the past.

I am at my wit's end and this problem is becoming more and more prevalent. In the past, I was able to use ingame voice comms without this problem, but recently, that has changed too. I am getting incredibly frustrated by this. Please halp.

I'm sorry I can't really add a TL;DR. This problem is so complex and hard to explain that it makes googling this stuff pretty hard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users