Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 boot problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MohammedMoustfa

MohammedMoustfa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

A year ago Microsoft sends me a free update link for windows 10 since I have a genuine windows7 ultimate running on my HDD

At the first I made an upgrade for the windows7 on a different SSD after two months I had some problem so I made a clean installation for the windows 10 on this new SSD

Yesterday windows was download an update during this download I shut down the PC after an hour I turn it on again

I got the blue screen said you have a startup boot failure

I tried to go to safe mode with no success then I put windows10 usb to repair the system with no success after that I start the pc to have a big surprise its start on the old windows 7 which I had on the old HDD even I boot from the new SSD I try to reinstall windows 10 with no success because it says you do not have a genuine windows pleas activate your windows I try to inter the key for windows 7 it did not accept it

When I boot from the old HDD I find that I have a genuine windows

What can I do?

Edited by MohammedMoustfa, 10 October 2016 - 02:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

I suspect by now you realize that you should not stop the installation of an operating system.

Since this was a fresh installation I would suggest using a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke to completely overwrite the hdd/ssd, and then reinstall Windows 10 without any interruptions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MohammedMoustfa

MohammedMoustfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

I suspect by now you realize that you should not stop the installation of an operating system.

Since this was a fresh installation I would suggest using a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke to completely overwrite the hdd/ssd, and then reinstall Windows 10 without any interruptions.

First it was not an installation

It was a regular update

Second

What about the data I have on the ssd

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

A year ago Microsoft sends me a free update link for windows 10 since I have a genuine windows7 ultimate.

1. At the first I made an upgrade for the windows7 on a different hard disk, after two months I had some problems so I made a clean installation for the windows 10 on this new hard disk.

2. Yesterday windows was downloaded an update, during this download I shut down the PC after an hour I turn it on again.

I got the blue screen said you have a startup boot failure.

3. I tried to go to safe mode with no success then I put windows10 usb in to repair the system with no success, after that I start the pc to have a big surprise, its starts the old windows 7 which I had on the old hard disk, even I boot from the new one I try to reinstall windows 10 with no success because it says you do not have a genuine windows pleas activate your windows I try to inter the key for windows 7 it did not accept it

When I boot from the old hard disk I find that I have a genuine windows

What can I do?

This post is a little confusing.

1. Were both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 done on the same hdd?

2. I'm guessing that you are still referring to the same hdd?

3. Here I get completely confused as to which hdd you are referring to. 

Please explain this in a manner making it plain which drive you are referring to, perhaps labeling one of them as A and the other as B.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 MohammedMoustfa

MohammedMoustfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

A year ago Microsoft sends me a free update link for windows 10 since I have a genuine windows7 ultimate.

1. At the first I made an upgrade for the windows7 on a different hard disk, after two months I had some problems so I made a clean installation for the windows 10 on this new hard disk.

2. Yesterday windows was downloaded an update, during this download I shut down the PC after an hour I turn it on again.

I got the blue screen said you have a startup boot failure.

3. I tried to go to safe mode with no success then I put windows10 usb in to repair the system with no success, after that I start the pc to have a big surprise, its starts the old windows 7 which I had on the old hard disk, even I boot from the new one I try to reinstall windows 10 with no success because it says you do not have a genuine windows pleas activate your windows I try to inter the key for windows 7 it did not accept it

When I boot from the old hard disk I find that I have a genuine windows

What can I do?

This post is a little confusing.

1. Were both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 done on the same hdd?

2. I'm guessing that you are still referring to the same hdd?

3. Here I get completely confused as to which hdd you are referring to. 

Please explain this in a manner making it plain which drive you are referring to, perhaps labeling one of them as A and the other as B.

I did it
i changed it

1- no windows 7 on HDD and windows 10 on SSD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users