Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1440x900

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 setasdefault

setasdefault

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

I was wondering how I could figure out if my graphics card could support a 1440x900 widescreen LCD. It is a GeForce 6200.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xtatik222k

xtatik222k

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

I'm quite sure this card supports 1400x900.

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:06 PM

It'll support that resolution, but don't expect ot play high end, or even mid ranged games in that resolution.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 setasdefault

setasdefault
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

So I will be able to run Windows XP and my browser and stuff in 1440x900, but not games. If I instead run my games in 1024x768, I will just get black areas on both sides of the screen, correct?

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:28 AM

If it's a TV, I'm not sure if it'll have black lines? Perhaps it won't and it'll just blow up the picture?

It should run basic things, but expect not as good performance running it in that resolution.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#6 setasdefault

setasdefault
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thanks. From the answers I have gotten, I understand that will be able to run most apps (windows explorer, browser, aim, gimp, etc) at 1440x900, correct?
I run my games in 1024x768 - will they be distorted on a widescreen display?

Oh also, my video card has a DVI-I connecter and the monitor I was looking at has a DVI-D connecter. Can I still use it?

Edited by setasdefault, 23 December 2006 - 11:58 PM.

#7 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

Usually comes with some adapters. If you can't use it just order one. They're pretty easy to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users