Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi im mike

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 horrormike

horrormike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

i am by no means new to computers but i do so love a challenge and i have a few issues that have stumped me and also want to get into linux for an operating system and would very much like to learn kali so i can teach myself pen testing

my first issue is with 2 windows laptops i bought they are bios locked with disabled usb ports and dvd rom drive disabled within the bios i have tried many things to no avail most of the different things i have tried is dealing with the cmos battery i have left it out for several days then replaced it that didnt reset bios password neither did leaving the cmos battery out while starting the laptop and all this done with the main battery out of the laptop as well

any ideas what i can try to erase the bios password

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

Welcome to BC !

This is a section purely for introducing yourself. To get help on your BIOS problem start a post in the relevant OS section and remember to give the make and model of the laptop(s).

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users