Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot update Window 7 Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hi all

Dual core AMD 2.2GHz 4GB ram

My comp has stopped downloading updates since it tired to update to Win10. Comp to old and update failed. I receive Error code 0x80070005 when trying to update, shows downloading updates but never completes.  

I have tried

1.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

2.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Error when trying to run last command above
C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.18489

I have also tried suggestions from link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003

I ran Tweaking windows tool and tried to run Microsoft Fixit, fixit gives me an error cannot download, check your internet connection, I am sending this from the comp so I have an internet connection.

I have run malware and virus scans, no problems found. Windows 7 side CPU runs 70-90% most of the time.

Comp is dual booted with Ubuntu and no problems with it. Trying to figure out a repair without having to reload computer.

Thanks, Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bambinoo

Bambinoo

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:17 PM

"Comp to old and update failed"

I don't understand what you mean..e.g. did you upgrade and then rollback or other method? Basically, how did you get back to Windows 7?

Edited by Bambinoo, 09 October 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I did not update to 10, I had tried to keep Windows 10 out but it got past me so I tried to update to 10 but my computer will not support 10 per when it tried to install 10. Ever since then I have not been able to install any Windows updates.

Thanks, Doug

#4 Bambinoo

Bambinoo

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

Do you have a backup image or restore point you can revert to?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

If...you think that you have updated to Win 10 involuntarily...bear in mind that the free update to Win 10 ended weeks ago.  If you see a partition with Win 10 on it, there is nothing you can do with said partition until it is activated.  If there is no Win 10 partition...then Win 10 has no part in your problems now.

You might try a repair install of Win 7, see Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html .

Louis

#6 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the reply's

I did not update to 10, stated when it tried to update to 10, computer would not support it, I still have Windows 7 start button and it says Windows 7 Professional when looking in system. Computer is dual booted with Ubuntu, just trying to find away to repair without doing a reload. If it comes down to it, I will reload.

Thanks, Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users