Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which is the best Non-smartphone on the market these days?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:17 AM

I am looking to finally change my Sony Ericsson K700i, which has served me well the last decade.
I still do not want a ​smartphone.

Which​ phones of this type are considered best nowadays? Which one should I buy? - I have absolutely no preferences whatsoever. My only need is to make phone calls and to have an alarm clock. That's it. I really liked the look & feel of the classic series metal Nokia phones, but I've heard they've been discontinued years ago.

Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
:)​​

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

I'm unfamiliar with the current crop of 'feature' phones. I've made the smartphone switch a while back.

But there are some reviews out there. Such as: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-basic-and-feature-phones-you-can-get-in-the-USA-and-internationally_id65807

Yes it's from Feb 2015. But gives you a starting point and something to look into.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Gert1985

Gert1985

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

I think Lumia 435 is the best non-android phone.

#4 AshtonAsh

AshtonAsh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

You are lucky person if you don't need smartphone. Lumia 435 or 640 really good non smartphone 

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

If still available, Verizon Wireless sells Samsung  Gusto.  Fine for making and receiving calls and it does have an alarm feature.  Fine cell phone if the small keypad is not a problem for you.  Good lasting battery charge.

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

I've just checked and it turns out this is the most viewed topic in this sub-forum for the past 2 years, so I decided to do a little update.:lmao:

I bought a new phone: Yezz Classic C23A in silver :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 12 April 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#7 anajames

anajames

• Banned Spammer
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

How is to use? i need to throw away my Samsung S duos need a second phone then.

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

It looks and feels great in electric silver. It's perfect, considering its price-tag of $19, brand new, unlocked, off-contract. The sound quality during calls is not the greatest, though. Hope this helps you.:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 02 May 2017 - 05:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users