Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Teredo tunneling keeps enabling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilne

lilne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:43 PM

Not too sure if this is the place to post this but I just noticed recently that the Teredo tunneling adapter keeps turning itself on. It never turned on before prior to this so I'm not too sure why it's activated itself now. It happened after I used a VPN but I've used it before and it never activated itself.

I keep disabling it in devices manager but as soon as I reboot the computer, it re-installs itself. It says on the events for the adapter that nettun.inf reinstalls it every time it reboots. I had to run a command prompt as administrator to (hopefully) permanently disable it.

Is this just a windows bug or has my system been compromised by something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Teredo tunneling is a transition technology that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv6-capable hosts which are on the IPv4 Internet but which have no direct native connection to an IPv6 network.

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 lilne

lilne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

I was just wondering if it was normal for the IPV6 network to connect to IP addresses that didn't originate from the country I was in? I never noticed it being activated before and only noticed it when I was testing to see if my VPN was leaking. 

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:32 AM

Its normal your ISP may not be using IPv6 protocol but other ISP all around the word may do and some does use IPv6 protocol. 

2GvnEq2.gif

#5 lilne

lilne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

Thank you for responding :)

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter