Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubleshooting causes of games not launching

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

After a Windows Update about a week ago I've been having trouble running a couple of games from Steam.

Path of Exile was the first victim, but that was fixed after they released some patch, which I don't think did anything to directly fix my issue, but it was fixed so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I'm trying to run Grim Dawn (Clean installation of the game, just downloaded it today) and am having the same issue; My profile picture turns green for a second, then back to blue and the game never actually starts. There's no error code, there's nothing in event viewer, it doesn't even look like the process is created. I've reinstalled video drivers and .NET and am running an sfc /scannow but am not very hopeful, I just have no idea where to start looking for the problem. Steam has a little help page on it but nothing on there did anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users