Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox One: Power Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Billbr

Billbr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

Hi Guys

I've recently encountered an issue with my Xbox One, bought in the US and taken back to the UK due to the difference in price. I bought a new power brick for it to account for the voltage difference.

I hadn't used it for about 3 months and hadn't tried using it in the UK up to now. But now there doesn't seem to be any power or a short is occurring somewhere.

I've checked all the connections and the HDD, but still no luck. The main fan is trying to spin up (without me pressing anything) but only spins for a split second and repeats.

I was wondering if anybody had some information they could shed on what may be the issue please.

Here's a short clip of the problem:

https://youtu.be/3lVZppgzrpI (sorry, unsure how to embed videos)

Returning the Xbox is not an option as the warranty isn't cross-region and has ran out anyway, and I'd rather try fix it before spending money on a new one

Thanks

Edited by Billbr, 09 October 2016 - 03:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-wont-power-on

Edited by hamluis, 28 December 2016 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users