Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Tries To Install Frontpage Whenever Acrobat Is Started

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deeJslowface

deeJslowface

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

Whenever I open a .pdf file no matter if it is a hyperlink or an attachment to an email or a file on my hardrive, the installation begins for Microsoft Frontpage. I can click cancel a bunch of times and the .pdf opens, but it is annoying since I deal with .pdfs on a regualr basis. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

I have had the same issue with MS products after an Adobe update.

When prompted to put in the installation CD for Frontpage, instead of hitting cancel, put in the CD in to install the files that it needs to replace/refresh.
JC

#3 deeJslowface

deeJslowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

what if said CD was "borrowed" from a friend that has recently moved across country. Is using the Office XP CD my only option? I might be able to find another one somewhere....

Thank you for taking time to reply to my post Joshuacat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users