Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus software failed unexpectedly while scanning this file.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KerryJo2712

KerryJo2712

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

Hi There,

I am having an issue on my mothers PC (Vista SP2) everytime I tries to download a file i get the error message 

Anti-virus software failed unexpectedly while scanning this file.

I have tried both Chrome, Mozilla and IE but this does not change the outcome....I have read a similar thread which asked to download Farbar onto the PC to create a log but again can't download any file. I first noticed this when trying to upgrade from Vista....it is my intention to bring my laptop down and open the file on to that laptop copy to disc and open on bad PC from the following thread....however I would need someone to interpret the resulting log please......

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507364/anti-virus-software-failed-unexpectedly-while-scanning-this-file/

If anyone can help please message me....thanks Kerry 

UPDATED 8/10/2016 11:12PM GMT

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt response. I would appreciate any help at all that anyone could suggest. I consider myself to be quite computer literate and can follow the instructions in the thread I pasted into my original post....

I'll admit I hadn't noticed the age of the post no, apologies about that oversight on my part, it is however an identical problem with an identical operating system.

I will research the problem more thoroughly now I am using my (healthy) laptop.

Her anti-virus software (McAfee - Sky) is all updated and running well, no issues are found upon scanning and windows firewall etc... are all disabled so as not to affect McAfee.

Edited by KerryJo2712, 08 October 2016 - 05:12 PM.
Moved from Win Vista to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users