Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC fans go full blast at startup & no posting on screen

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Arniix

Arniix

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

Hello , i'll explain my case 

im using my pc no problem & suddenly it shuts down & reboots with the fans at full speed i need to disconnect evry wire in my pc & recconect it to make it work

it's not an overheating problem i have a +212X cooler my cpu is around 40C idle & 60full load

my gpu is a gtx 750 ti max temp is 50C 

my cpu is a Xeon X3450

i don't know the problem source 

i guess it's the cheap psu that i own a 430W HKC it delivers 22A in the 12V rail but not +80 certified

the hardware pricing in my country is very expencive so i don't wan't to try a different psu for no reason 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sasschary

sasschary

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hello, Arniix!

I could be wrong about this, so I would wait or confirmation from someone else, but I think there's a good chance that the problem would be in the PSU. A cheap PSU will not be able to run a powerful computer very well. If you get some really good parts, you should make sure that the other components your computer uses are of the same quality, and a cheap PSU will not be able to provide the same quality.

Again, I could be wrong, and would wait for someone else to confirm what I said, but that's what I think.

Sasschary

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

The next time this happens, try this to get your computer up and running again without disconnecting everything:

> Power down.

> Unplug the power cable (from the wall socket to the computer).

> Press the start button on the front panel for 5 seconds.

> Replug in the power cable, and try to boot the computer.

Post back with results.

This will not solve your auto-shutdown problem (that is a different thing) but let's do this for now.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

What operating system are you running?

If this is Vista or Windows 7 there is an option in the Advanced Boot Option titled Disable automatic restart on system failure.  With this option enabled the computer should not restart, instead it will post an error message.  Please post the exact error message in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

my PC is still having the same issue after it shuts down i turned off the psu pressed the on button (the fans spinned a bit ) & it booted normally i guess it's the psu me too but i had problems with my HDDs but fixed it i m confused 

i will try what  "Arachibutyrophobia " said & i'll reply with the results asap 
thanks for your help (im running win7 64bit) i forgot to mention that i get a Blue screen whan this happens

Edited by Arniix, 13 October 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#6 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:07 AM

Arachibutyrophobia i just got a blue screen & i did change the settings to not reboot auto after BSOD in my bios & in windows 

but i didn't get any message (win 7 64bit)  

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

Arachibutyrophobia i just got a blue screen & i did change the settings to not reboot auto after BSOD in my bios & in windows 

but i didn't get any message (win 7 64bit)  

You posted that you made this change in the BIOS, that is not an option in the BIOS, this is done in the Advanced Boot Options. 

To access the Advanced Boot Options you need to start the computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key, continue to do this until you see a image similar to the one below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png

Use either the up or down key to navigate to Disable automatic restart on system failure, press Enter to select this option.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

thanks do you have a simmilar picture where should i get the message error that you mentionned earlyer 

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

Please post the number of the post so I can find this.

#10 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

the problem is no longer !

i wasn't able to get the number because it didn't show up 

i still don't know what was the probmel im saving for a new powersupply so thanks for your help

#11 Arniix

Arniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

the problem never came back it was a powersupply problem , i used my old psu for a small pc & it did the same problem so i can blame the cheap me who didin't pay enough for a good powersupply

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

The PSU is the heart of the computer, this is the last component you want to cheap-out on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users