RKill will not remove a virus or malware. The following is from Grinler's description of what RKill does and doesn't do.
"RKill is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections. When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were terminated while the program was running.As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files
, after running it you should not reboot your computer
as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again. Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using some sort of anti-malware or anti-virus program so that the infections can be properly removed
Please run RKill, do not restart your computer until all of the requested scans have been run.
I know that you have already run two of the scans I'm requesting, please run these again.Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe
, then click on Run
to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now
3) Click on Settings
, you will see a image like the one below.
When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection
, then under Non-Malware Protection
, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections
and select Treat detections as malware
. Under Detection Options
place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits
4) Click on Scan
(next to Settings), then click on Scan Now
. The scan will automatically run now.
5) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here
and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. Copy and paste the log in your topic. Please run AdwCleaner
Please download AdwCleaner
and install it.
When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Scan
to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.
Click on Clean
to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK
. The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic. Please run TDSSKiller
Please download TDSSKiller
from here and save it to your Desktop.
The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long. If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished
you will see the results of the scan. If it shows Detected object count: 0
and Actual detected object count: 0
, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.
1. Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe
to run the application, then click on Change parameters
2. Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature
, and Detect TDLFS file system
If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
3. Click Start Scan
and allow the scan process to run.
4. If threats are detected select Cure
(if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete!
Click on Continue
5. Click on Reboot computer
Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt
file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply. Note
: The log may be very long. You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.
Post this in your topic.Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Edited by dc3, 08 October 2016 - 09:17 AM.