Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eject Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) - Ugh

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ARNKUSA

ARNKUSA

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

Sorry if this might belong to the hardware section, but I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home x64, and I get the following error message under the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" section. Please have a look at the attached images to see what I mean.

In the second image, I've tried to A) automatically and manually update the driver, B Disable/Enable the device, C) Uninstall Completely and Restart, and D) Turned off every USB port connected, whether it was a single USB port, or it was a USB Hub, but the error remains.

I'm looking for any suggestions for what might be causing the issue. 

Also, one of my USB 3.0 ports on the front of my computer is no longer responsive. Not sure if it's related though.

Acer Predator G3620
Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.82)
3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series [Display adapter]
12GB DDR3

Thank you in advance for any insight.
ARNK

Attached Files

Edited by ARNKUSA, 07 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users