Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 1607 Build 14393.222 shows incorrect lisencing information

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shashibanjara

shashibanjara

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

I have updated to windows 10 anniversary update 1607.. my licence information is somewhat misleading..in windows 10 under activation my system shows that i have a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account but on running winver command it shows "This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software Licence Terms to: Windows User. My question is is why is winver command not showing my Microsoft mail account in place of Windows User. any help would be greatly appreciated.. reply ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

Mine does not show what yours does, but it also does not show my Microsoft account login id, which is my Gmail account.  It shows on one line my first and last names followed by "Bri the Tech Guy" beneath it.  I have no idea where or when I entered the "Bri the Tech Guy" information but it's not showing up under Organization in system settings.  I'm sure I did, but where and when are lost in the mists of memory.

I have seen times where there appears to be a partial disconnect between the local machine and the Microsoft Account associated with it.  Most times I've been able to cure that by going into User Accounts and choosing "Manage my Microsoft Account" from there and simply logging in and logging out of the Microsoft account.  you could try that.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 Kofiko

Kofiko

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

It seems to be a bug in the AU 1607 and the winver info can be changed as below

Fix Wrong User in WinVer

To fix it....
Delete:
C:\Users\defaultuser0 or ()

In registry:
1) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
Change 'RegisteredOwner" as per your wish.

2) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\
Under this delete the whole folder which has 'ProfileImagePath' as "C:\Users\defaultuser0"

That's it but you might need to restart

#4 shashibanjara

shashibanjara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

@Kofiko: I too think its a bug in anniversary update.Hoping To See Windows Get better with The Creators Update expected To Arrive Early 2017..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users