Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp power supply on ASROCK motherboard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alexcomputer500

alexcomputer500

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

hello everyone!

I have a Genuine Hp Ps-6361-4hf 365w Power Supply and i want to connect with the following components:

Motherboard:AsRock N68C-GS4 FX
Cpu:Athlon II X2 240e Dual Core 2.8GHz, socket AM3, 45W, Tray
Video card:interface PCI Express x16 2.0 (1 gb)
HDD SATA 1
DVD R IDE
2X ddr2 ram 533Mhz

can this components run safetly with Hp Ps-6361-4hf 365w Power Supply?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

What video card you have? It just says PCI Express, need to know the exact model of card.

#3 alexcomputer500

alexcomputer500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

What video card you have? It just says PCI Express, need to know the exact model of card.

ASUS Radeon HD5450 Silent v2 1GB DDR3 64-bit low profile bracket

.i dont have one but i want to buy it .Is it a wishlist for my next pc.Now i have hp power supply,HDD and 2 x ddr2 ram 533 mhz

Edited by alexcomputer500, 07 October 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

You're good. 365 watts should be plenty for the specs you provided.

#5 alexcomputer500

alexcomputer500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for your opinion.Dose anybody provide another advice?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:12 AM

I'd be interested in whether this PSU is a new purchase...or one from an HP system you own or owned.

I see a lot of refurb PSUs offered via eBay...looking at the lack of details provided, I see that there is no mention of warranty, only the typical 30-day return/RMA blurb.  I also see that Amazon offers access to same model and throws in the standard declination of responsibility blurb.  For the prices that I see for these PSUs...I would just go with one which has warranty provisions spelled out and which is from a standard PSU-provider.

No advice :), I'm just a user like you.

Louis

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for your opinion.Dose anybody provide another advice?

It's not really an opinion. I thought it would be sufficient so I used two different PSU calculators on the web to check. They both agree, 365 watts is fine.

Edited by Gorbulan, 09 October 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#8 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

I'd be interested in whether this PSU is a new purchase...or one from an HP system you own or owned.

I see a lot of refurb PSUs offered via eBay...looking at the lack of details provided, I see that there is no mention of warranty, only the typical 30-day return/RMA blurb.  I also see that Amazon offers access to same model and throws in the standard declination of responsibility blurb.  For the prices that I see for these PSUs...I would just go with one which has warranty provisions spelled out and which is from a standard PSU-provider.

No advice :), I'm just a user like you.

Louis

+1! :)

Many may not realize this, yet the PSU is likely the most important component of one's build. Why is that? Inferior units (such as the ones hamluis describes) can take a lot more with these than the PSU itself, also components that's costly to replace, and have been known to cause fires. That's right, no way would I consider a sub-$50 PSU in any PC of mine (that I've replaced), there are promos, rebates, whatever to have top line PSU's. For instance in the last 6 months, have purchased two EVGA Supernova G2 650W units (Gold rated), and the lowest priced one was a Seasonic M12 II EVO 80+ Bronze edition (still fully modular, though price wise, as low as I'll go). That was a compromise purchase, though still met my standard, Seasonic is a reputable brand. 

What I want do, is purchase a $49.99 case/PSU combo, for starters, the PSU likely belongs in the outdoor recycle bin, I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy (for fear of being sued), and I bet the case begins to bow the more one installs inside. If too many components, it may collapse :P.

Seriously though, one needs to keep quality control in mind with PSU's, while there's some items to go cheap on eBay with, this isn't one on the list. And one should also consider future needs when purchasing, yes, there's the GPU this week, next month, go for a CPU, then add accessories within the PC, all of these little things adds up. While some has stated to me that my PSU's are flat out overkill, I take it as a compliment. 

Because I don't want to be the one with a burned down home over a sub-$40 PSU. If one has to save money in the short run, make it a less important accessory, even CPU's of the same gen & LGA can be upgraded, and one can safely skimp on SSD's, optical drives & other accessories. I'll even compromise on the MB a bit if needed, as many of the exotic features, don't use anyway. To me, it's more important to have a long term warranty, quality build & a PSU not under stress. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users