Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mark ALL Forums as Read - Does such a mechanism exist?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

The subject pretty much asks the question.

I'm familiar with the "Mark this forum as read" option and use it often on the forums I frequent.  There are occasions, though, where I'd love to be able to "reset" all the forums so that I can tell if/when new material comes in, and it's tedious to do this on a forum by forum basis.

Just wondering if I have, perhaps, missed something.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

The subject pretty much asks the question.

I'm familiar with the "Mark this forum as read" option and use it often on the forums I frequent.  There are occasions, though, where I'd love to be able to "reset" all the forums so that I can tell if/when new material comes in, and it's tedious to do this on a forum by forum basis.

Just wondering if I have, perhaps, missed something.

Something I found via clicking on View New Content is an option to Mark All Items As Read on the right hand side of the blue title bar, hopefully I linked that properly :unsure:.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1709 (Build 16299.334) | MasterCase Pro 3

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• Topic Starter

• 6,883 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Mike,

Thanks.  That does exactly what I was looking for.  It's just located "in a dark corner" that I have never visited before today.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

Well, I'm not sure whether if this is a new feature, but there's a little button called Mark Community Read on the very bottom of the Community Index and other pages. This is much more convenient. :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users