Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New reset using 700 plus gigs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lady T

Lady T

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

Just bought a 2nd hand HP 15-AF123ci. Of course they did a reset and I went through the set up. Everything is fine except 712gigs are already used up on drive . The only program I have downloaded is Firefox.

Running Win 10 Home

6gigs of ram (4.95 used)

1T drive

AMD A8 7410

Not sure where to start looking for this. 

Lady T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

Since the only program that you have downloaded is Firefox I highly recommend that you do a clean install of Windows 10 in order to ensure that the computer is clean and and is yours and yours alone. Follow the steps here;

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

It is really very easy and will probably take you a couple of hours, but it will be well worth the hassle. If you have any problems or questions, the folks here will help you out.

Hint: During install reformatt your hard drive and that will delete all of the junk on your system and allow you to have a brand new computer.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

When doing a reset you have the option of keeping your files or remove them.  Which did you do?

If you chose not to keep the files this will basically accomplish the same thing as a fresh installation.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Lady T

Lady T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

Thank you so much Arachibutyrophobia. Will try a clean install. I don't remember it asking me at reset. I was setting up all new accounts so thought it was clean.

Lady T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users