Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 techs221

techs221

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:52 PM

What I am trying to do I am not sure if it is even possible, I am trying to setup a testing lab in my house to have 2 vm host running server 2012 on to different subnets 

so this is how I want to set this up if possible and please tell me if it is not 

Coming from my modem plugged into pfsense firewall running 192.168.20.2 on the lan side 
From the firewall plugs into my Extreme switch x250e switch all untagged ports from here to my vm host 
my server 2012 r2 is setup as a domain controller, DHCP, and DNS on 192.168.20.1/24 this is all working fine , 
The problem is I have another switch that is a Dell power connect that is running another vm host 
On this server 2012 r2 is setup as Domain Controller, DHCP, and DNS running ip range 192.168.30.1/24 

Is there a way to connect the Extreme switch to the Dell switch to pass traffic back and fourth on both subnets so I can access any other servers or clients on either subnet and Have internet running on both subnets running with 1 modem and firewall 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users