Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best way to set up a streaming device on a network?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hi all,

This is all new to me. I'm planning on getting a streaming device for my new network (looking at the Shield TV from NVIDIA at the moment) since then I can stream files from anywhere to my TV. I've never owned one of these before, but since you need a cable subscription anyway, which requires a cable box from the cable company, what is the best way to set things up so that the streamer is the primary device, not the box? (I'd much rather stream Fox News Network from Android than from Cable). A colleague of mine was evidently able to eliminate the cable box all together by streaming to his xBox One. So, how, in a typical network where the goal is to save money (since I don't watch TV on a regular basis; just like to put on the news in the morning and then throw on a show every once in a while, or if I had people over) what is the simplest way to ensure that all devices play nice with one another?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users