Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Custom Search

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomsterbom

tomsterbom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

I've had this google custom search problem now for months and months, I've posted for help over at hackforums (that tends to be a pretty good place to find help) and I've came to no luck. It's starting to irritate me too much and I want to get it fixed.

I had the yourtv,link homepage and stuff and I got that removed, but its custom search is still here. When I search for something using Chrome, I get this: http://prntscr.com/cqju0t - there's nothing at all I have been able to do which will remove this. I've scanned for malware using malware bytes more times than I can count.

I also have this in my search engines: http://prntscr.com/cqjupf (previously that said "this setting is enforced by your administrator" but I managed to remove that (following a youtube video) and I am still unable to change the search engine.

I am more than sure this is caused by yourtv.link, and I've ventured all through the internet trying to find a solution and I just can't. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

Welcome to BC....

Try resetting Google Chrome...if that doesn't work then try completely removing Chrome including your Chrome profile. Use  Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

for complete uninstall. You may want to backup your bookmarks before deleting your profile.

Reset Google Chrome

You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5. In the box that appears, click Reset. ​

These steps won't provide a full reset. For example, some settings like fonts or accessibility won't be deleted. To completely delete all settings, create a new user profile.

Before doing the above you can use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tomsterbom

tomsterbom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

http://pastebin.com/8sCeA1cs - jrt

Didn't fix anything and the a couple of the things they removed I already knew what they are.

Edited by tomsterbom, 06 October 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:34 PM

The AdwCleaner log shows only scan results....does not show you chose to Clean after scan. Please rerun and choose Clean after scan has finished.

Also, please post the results per instructions and not use pastebin...thanks.

Eset only shows scan results and does not show you chose to quarantine what it found. Please allow it to delete/ quarantine the trojans it found.

After doing the above and you still have the original problem after rebooting.....do a clean uninstall of Chrome.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 tomsterbom

tomsterbom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

ESET took me four hours to scan, I'm not going to repeat the scan again so it can quarantine nothing of importance.  Also I did press clean after scan on Adwcleaner I just pasted the other text file by mistake

And uninstalled and reinstalled chrome about 6 times.

I can use Mozilla Firefox and get the search reset add-on and the problem goes away,  but for Chrome this just isnt possible and I dont like firefox, so using that isnt an option

Edited by tomsterbom, 07 October 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

After reinstalling Chrome....did you see the same bookmarks?

If you deleted your Chrome profile and still have the same problem...then follow the instructions below for starting a new topic

in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users