Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Menu Flickering

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WadeIsOP

WadeIsOP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hi,

I've been having this issue for a few days. I tried contacting Microsoft, but I think we all know how that usually goes. So I came here hoping for answers. So basically all the icons on my start menu are flickering and respond slowly. My CPU is sitting at a normal temp and percentage, same with my HDD and my ram. So I don't think it's a hardware issue. Below I'll link a video that illustrates my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because this goes past my technical know-how.

Thanks,

-Wade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IseeovTQwNU 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Boot into Safe Mode and see if this problem persists there.

To boot into Safe Mode do the following.

You will need to use an Administrator account to for this.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the R key together.  In the menu that opens select Search.  When the Search charm opens type in msconfig.

msconfig will appear below the search box, click/tap on it.

When System Configuration opens click/tap on the Boot tab.

Under Boot options click/tap on Safe boot, then click/tap on Apply, then OK.

The next time you start the computer it will boot into Safe Mode.

Please note.  You computer will continue to boot into Safe Mode when it is started until you go back to System Configuration and remove the check in Safe boot.

Edited by dc3, 06 October 2016 - 10:09 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users