Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

startup repair : looping ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qmuddy2

qmuddy2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

windows 7 desktop keeps looping in startup repair ?   anything i can do ?  thanks.

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 08 October 2016 - 06:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Because I have multiple systems...I would remove the hard drive, put it in another system as a secondary drive...and run chkdsk /r on it.  Then I would reattach it as the primary drive in the proper system...and see what occurs.

Louis

#3 bob007

bob007

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

Hi,

Have you tried using the Windows repair disk and run from CMD   bootrec /fixmbr  hit enter  then  bootrec /fixboot  then hit enter again.  Then remove disk and restart...this might help.

Edited by bob007, 08 October 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#4 bob007

bob007

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:18 AM

Hi guys,

I've had this problem on Windows 7...check for updates I got the check for updates loop and I now know it's Microsoft screwing with us.

I've never had an update problem before until about two months ago.  Today I got the check for updates loop but when I went to click shutdown the update logo was showing...I went back to check for updates and got the loop again.

I started to shut down the computer and a massage said...Installing 1 of 16 updates.  When I started windows I got...preparing to configure windows.  What updates...it now seems Microsoft downloads and installs updates when they want and we now have no say on what we want to install and that really sucks.

I went to Programs and Features...View installed updates and Microsoft are still installing the nasty updates that no one wants like spyware. I now run a batch file after updates are installed to remove the nasty ones...then I disable updates for several weeks otherwise MS will download the ones I've removed every time I start the computer.  I think this is Microsofts way of punishing us for not going to Win 10.

I have GWX control panel and Spybot Anti-Beacon installed which I thought at one time was causing the problem but now I know it's MS...I'm also learning Linux now...hope this helps someone.

Edited by hamluis, 08 October 2016 - 06:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users