Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Phishing email, opened link in iPhone. Outlook also currently open in Windows.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 samandella

samandella

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

Right, so I recieved a phishing email which had a link, however no attachment. I knew it was a phishing email but because my iPhone touchscreen is messed up I unfortunately opened it via Safari. At the time this outlook account was also logged in to another computer elsewhere in the house. The link weirdly opened the YouTube homepage which I found very strange as the link address was very much different. I'm panicking at the moment that someone may have access to my IP address, be able to send malware through my WIFI or have sensitive information. Does anybody have an idea as to the level of threat and actions I should take from here?

I've forwarded this to the company they were posing as who has an email for phishing emails and ran Malwarebytes and McAfee which hasn't found anything on my windows PC. I've also changed the email password. Pretty worried guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users