Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clock showing wrong time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zone out

Zone out

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

Hi

The clock on my computer is showing the wrong time, about 1 hour and 25 minutes slow.  Everything else about the date is correct and the time zone is correct.  I think this started around the time of all the big updates.  Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nerdnot

Nerdnot

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

When you adjust the time does the clock run down?  

On my laptop when I right click the time I get a window for changing time.

(Google search will give you some other ideas how to adjust clock time if you have not done it.)

Does the clock lose time after setting proper time or remains off at a constant time?  

* Many years ago on an old Toshiba Satellite my clock would run down after a re-set.   Techs at Best Buy had to do something with a BIOS problem. 

Have fun.

#3 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:53 AM

I haven't tried to reset the time manually because there should be a way to do it automatically, if I can't find a way I will try manually.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

Have you tried this?

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6410-clock-synchronize-internet-time-server-windows-10-a.html

(as you know control panel can be accessed by right-clicking on the Win 10 start)

Also perhaps check in Services that Windows Time service is set to start automatically.

#5 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:25 AM

Thanks I'll try that.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

If synchronizing to the internet doesn't resolve this you may have a CMOS battery failing.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:19 AM

For some reason it has recently fixed itself, so for now I'm ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users