Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanners not found

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JudMc

JudMc

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

I have two scanners connected to my Windows 10 computer, but as of today, it says "a supported scanner is not installed ..." I've tried rebooting the computer, unplugging the power and USB to the scanners, and plugging them back in.  I still get the error message.

I know that they are communicating with the computer because one is an all-in-one and it will print and the other has buttons for PDF, etc, and pressing the button brings up the software.

I think I used one successfully yesterday, but  today neither will work.

What can be wrong and can it be fixed?  (Windows 10 did an update a day or two ago.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:55 AM

What is the model of your printer/scanner?

#3 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:03 AM

This is a wonderful scanner program.

http://www.hamrick.com/

#4 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

What is the model of your printer/scanner?

I have two:

(1) A Canon ImageClass MF4770n - all-in-one scanner, copier, and printer.  I can print to it but not scan.  I've had it for a few years

(2) An Epson V600 scanner that I got this year.

Since I wrote the message, I thought about downloading the drivers and reinstalling them.  I got the Epson working again.  One of the drivers had been updated in the last two weeks but the other one was about 3 years old.  I think it was the Canon that was updated recently, but that doesn't seem right.  I would like to get the Canon working again because it has a sheet feeder.

Thanks, I will check that out.

#5 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

#6 JudMc

JudMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

I installed it, and it sees both scanners, but it doesn't work with the Canon.  If I click Preview, the circle goes around once, then disappears, and nothing happens.  (The Canon is the one I can't get to work now with its own software.)

PS - scratch that - I didn't have it set right.  It does work with VueScan - it still doesn't work with its own software.

Edited by JudMc, 05 October 2016 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users