Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus power surge detection issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RossDG

RossDG

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

Hi there,

Today I managed to blow my PSU, so I replaced it. However when I turn on my pc I get a screen saying "powersupply surges detected during the previous power on this may be due to a faulty power supply unit" or something a long those lines. I got arround it by turning off the Asus surge protection feature in the UEFI/Bios. I am quite sure there is nothing wrong with the new power supply unit and I have checked all plugs etc.

Question is: Is this something I should re-enable and am I putting my pc in danger but not having it enabled? I was thinking of properly resetting my MoBo in hopes that that would get rid of the error screen on start up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 04 October 2016 - 03:57 PM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

New PSU model and manufacturer?

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

Some where on that same screen should be a reset function.  OR the new PS is not up to its ratings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users