Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly no display on any screens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iBooze

iBooze

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, and I really hope you guys have a solution for this. I've been spending an entire day, testing a bunch of different methods on the internet.

It all started with my computer launching up, but not being able to show my monitor through DVI (the white cable) I tested with the HDMI access that goes straight to the motherboard, and that worked. I realized I wanted to fix it anyways, so I decided to follow a simple guide on the internet about how to reset your BIOS. (After I did this, I wasn't able to use the HDMI on a television either) and now I was getting a two small beep after the one normal beep on launch. 

I then tried refreshing all my ram, by placing them differently + tried with a single ram one at a time too. In the end, I even tried to unplugging my video card more than once, but that didn't work either.

What could the issue be? I'm very confused.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iBooze

iBooze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

Another important thing to say is that I just now tried to reset the BIOS again. It actually stopped the beeping noises, but there's still no view or light in keyboard or mouse now. (So that is most likely a failure launch?)

#3 iBooze

iBooze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

Another update.

If I have the jumper by the BIOS on the two metal pins to the left, it won't give me any beep noises, but it won't launch either. If I have it on those two to the right, it will give me a single beep and then two beeps. Is there anything I can conclude from that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users