Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The browser allows me WiFi access to some sites but not others

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 arcobosy

arcobosy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

The problem started less than a week ago. I opened Chrome and typed facebook and it worked fine, but I also try to pen a tab for Dropbox and that one didn't open. I started trying different sites and some work (google, youtube, netflix) and some won't (MSN, arcgames.com, Norton Website, multiple forums).It seems like most websites won't work except for a selected few. I checked IE to make sure if the problem only occurred in Chrome. Unfortunately, IE isn't able to open the pages eliminating it as a browser problem. Fortunately, the problem only occurs on Wifi so all the pages work fine for when using an Ethernet connection (currently using).

I started reading forums and followed some procedures:

- Including deleting cookies and browser history (basically deleted all I found an option to delete in Chrome)

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the Wifi

- I also looked for .dll files that might have been intsalled recently on the System 32 folder but couldn't find any created earlier than a month ago.

- Follow instructions for modfying DNS for both IPV4 and IPV6 with the Google address (8.8.8.8 for IPV4 and the one ending in 8888 for IPV6)

I have had this problem for almost a week and restarted the computer after every change and made sure that the changes stayed. I am running Windows 7 Pro. Also programs (like Outlook and Dropbox) that need access to the website do not work either on WIfi. Everything works fine with Ethernet connection though. Also other computers and devices have normal access to the Wifi so there is no problem with the router or the internet service

I really would appreciate help.

P.S.

Here is what Chrome says when I try to open dropbox

This site can’t be reached

www.dropbox.com took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users