Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starting up with administrator account

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alanem

alanem

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

Hi How can I start my pc with a user account and not the administrator account in Win10?  Or is it possible to transfer everything into my admin account and just have the one.  The user account has administrator rights but I can't delete the admin account.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Only a administrator account has those administrator rights.

To switch users press the Alt Ctrl Del keys together.  You will see the following options LOCK, Switch user, Sign out,Task Manager.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 alanem

alanem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Arachibutyrophobia   Thanks for getting in contact and I must apologise if I didn't express myself very well but my problem is when I startup my laptop I have to go through the process of signing in to my administrator account then I sign out and then change user and sign into my user account.  I would prefer just to go straight to my user account and sign in just the once.  I'm looking for help to do this.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

That definitely is a horse of a different color.

My wife has been out of town all day and just got home.  I will have to get back to this in the morning.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

If it acts like Windows 8 login to your user account. Shutdown the computer in your user account. Boot the computer and you should be offered your user account. Windows 8 defaults to the user that last shutdown so I assume it works for Windows 10.

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 October 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

1. Create another account with Admin rights
  2. Set a password on the new account
  3. Log in with the new account.
  4. Change your current account to a regular user.

#7 alanem

alanem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

JohnC_21  Thanks That is what has always happened in the past but that isn't happening now...it just reboots to admin account every time.  I can't think of anything I've done in the last day or so that could have made it change.  I am wondering if I may somehow be able to transfer all the settings in my user account into the admin account then I can delete my user account and so sign in just the once.

#8 alanem

alanem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

Kilroy Thanks for that ...how do I change my user account to regular user?  I've set up another user account but I'm still rebooting to the admin account.

#9 opera

opera

• Members
  • 970 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:47 AM

Kilroy Thanks for that ...how do I change my user account to regular user?  I've set up another user account but I'm still rebooting to the admin account.

Some account change info

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6917-account-type-change-windows-10-a.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users