Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frankieh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

Like this totally sucks!  anyone else in love with NOT. Geez... I spend more time trouble shooting, re-setting every thing back to the way I had it lined up.  losing programs.  and Microsoft dictates where MY files go,  not to mention the duplications  OMG  I have more duplicated files I can not even begin to figure out which one to delete!

Every time theres an update or upgrade to I have to re organize my files and RE NAME my files and RE DO THE folders I SET UP for MY PERSONAL WAY OF LIFE HERE. 

I hate windows 10 with a passion.. after the first of the year all my stuff is going back to HARD COPY! and the pc is going in the TRASH!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,154 posts
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

Unfortunately your problems are probably going to continue if Microsoft is going to continue with major updates, two more in 2017. It's getting to the point where Microsoft is releasing fixes for prior updates. Your only option is to stick it out hoping Windows 10 runs better on your computer or try doing a full reset but you would need to back up your data and reinstall all your programs. 

The other option is to go with an alternative OS, be it chrome, apple, or linux. Personally, Windows 7 and 8 will be my last Microsoft OSs. I can't deal with a major Windows 10 upgrade rendering some of my hardware useless. 

#3 rp88

• Members
  • 2,909 posts
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

No need to trash the pc, tell us the specs, it can probably run linux.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users