Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help Interpreting Windows Registry - Graphics Drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rushbikes

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Monitor: Dell P2715Q (connected DisplayPort to mDP)

Every time my monitor sleeps and subsequently wakes up, all windows are resized (smaller) and moved to the top left corner of my monitor. Seems to be a common problem voice across the internet with most solutions pointing to editing the Registry. For example...

In this register tree:

there is at least an entry per monitor; I had a DELxxxxxxxxxx and an ACRxxxxxxxxxx one, and under the 00 node, there are two parameters to check out there:
PrimSurfSize.cxPrimSurfSize.cy and Stride.

These should match your current monitor.

A little below you should see these entries:

inside, you will also find under the 00 node, and those parameters pointing to the old sizes. Use the values from above, and also change under the remaining 00 node the ActiveSize.cx &ActiveSize.cy entries to match. Log off or restart and voila!

Source: http://rcaloca.blogspot.com/2014/12/windows-changing-size-position-after.html

But here's my problem...I've only ever had one monitor (the Dell P2715Q) yet my Registry shows 12 entries:

How do I know which of these to edit? Fair to assume some of these registries are inactive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rushbikes

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

I should clarify, it's when Windows puts the monitor to sleep I believe rather than a monitor setting. If I turn the monitor off and back on, there's no issue with the windows rescaling/moving.

Edited by rushbikes, 03 October 2016 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users