Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extend display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

i have a dell optiplex 5040 i have two dell monitors i want to set up and use one as en extended desktop, i connected vid HDMI and the dvi SLOT on same card but it just gives me two desktops, no option to extend display any ideas? or is this card just not capable of it if so should i add new dvi card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

With all of your programs closed right click on an empty area on your desktop, and then click Screen Resolution.

Click on the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and then select Extend These Displays.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users