First of all here are my specs:
- AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz 8-Core OEM/Tray Processor
- GEFORCE GTX 1080 FTW
- Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133
- Raidmax 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Here's my benchmark score in 3dMark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15223061? (that question mark is a part of the link but it isn't included in the hyper link for some reason)
I believe this is a decent score for my specs and based on the 3d mark website I have around the same results as most people with my specs. I don't have anything over clocked, everything is at stock speeds. But for some reason, my performance in game is just terrible. Everything is really stuttery and my frame rates are all over the place. In Forza Horizon 3 I get around 50 fps on medium settings with MSAA off. That's not even including the drops down to 30-40fps when I'm actually driving. In fact Forza actually suggested that medium settings were optimal for my specs! In Tera I can't go anywhere with a smooth frame rate at all. It just looks super bleepty. I have been having issues like this for a very long time, even before my 1080. I used to have a r9 280x.
Here are some of the things that I've tried:
- I've monitored my CPU usage in game using AMD Overdrive and task manager and I never get over like 50% cpu usage, most of the time sitting around 30-40%. I know it isn't just some of the 8 cores working extra hard too, because in Overdrive I can see that that 30-40% is spread around all 8 cores pretty evenly.
- I have watched my 1080 while in game using Nvidia software and that seems to be fine, which makes sense because it is a new card.
- I did a memory diagnostic using the windows tool and that came up with 0 problems.
- I actually did a total windows wipe and reset to see if there was anything that malwarebytes/antivirus wasn't picking up. This didn't change anything. (By the way this was the first thing I did, not 4th lol)
- I've defragged and done disk cleanups multiple times.
- I already made sure that I don't have cool n quiet mode on in my bios, and I've tried the optimal performance mode as well.
- I am constantly checking for updated drivers and what not, nothing is behind. (other than bios but I'm not sure if that would make a difference.)
There may be other things that I'm forgetting for that list but as you can tell I'm having a bit of a rough time lol. I don't really want to have to resort to some random pc repair shop so if you guys have any suggestions please let me know! Thank you so much in advance, I've really been struggling.