Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Questions about splitting an ultra-wide monitor into two virtual monitors.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mcwierdo

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:42 AM

I hope this is the right place to post. I attached an image of my current monitors. They get the job done, but are very uneven, as you can see.

What I would really like is to have one ultra-wide monitor, but still be able to maximize windows and games like I do with my current monitors.

For example, I usually have a game open on the left monitor, in either windowed or border-less full-screen mode, and then either a video, music player or guide for said game, on the right monitor.

I should mention that I have already looked at having two monitors of the same make and model. While it is infinitely better, there's still the black frame in the middle. I really want to avoid that.

The problem here is obviously how I'm going to have a game in "full-screen" on only the left side of the ultra-wide monitor. Windowed mode would work fine, of course.

I found these videos showing some screen splitting software and I was wondering if any of you have experience with this sort of thing.

WinSplit Revolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytc-FEvPxM

MaxTo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15_e-f3hMg

I'm aware that WinSplit Revolution has been discontinued, but I think it can still be downloaded somewhere.

So, do you guys know if it is possible to confine a border-less full-screen game to one-half of an ultra-wide monitor? Or are there any other solutions you're just itching to lay on me?

Thanking you in advance.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit GPU: HD6950

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users