Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WHAT IS BEST BACK-UP SYS. FOR WINDOWS 7 PROF.?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mumkay

mumkay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

This may be redundant to some, but I am asking for advice on the safest back-up for my computer.  Never had one and think it's insane in today's world.

No cloud advice, please, because it makes no sense to me as far as safety is concerned. 

Thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jacklai

jacklai

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

I think the built-in backup system is enough

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

While the built-in backup/restore may be ok for some, many have gone onto Macrium Reflect, Image for Windows, Acronis True Image, or any one of a number of free and pay-for backup/restore programs, utilities.  My personal choice:  each of my computers has two dedicated 1TB usb ext HDs that receive periodic full images of the OS and data partitions.  Many use NAS, DVDs, USB sticks, in short, use whatever is available, affordable, trustworthy and the "look and feel" and operations you become comfortable with. 

Edited by RolandJS, 03 October 2016 - 08:49 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

Assuming you have a target/destination drive larger than your OS drive, Clonezilla is quite effective at backing up/imaging everything on the drive. (Not what I'd call GUI-based, more of an older 2-3 colors/DOS/text based structure, but...it works!)

GUI-based solutions certainly seem a tad more 'modern' and user-friendly:

Macrium Reflect, AOMEI Backupper, Easeus TODO Backup 

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#5 hutchijw

hutchijw

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

There's a lot of options.  I'm using Veeams Endpoint Backup.  It's a free product and lets me do everything with ease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users